The August 2016 A-Level results marked another year of success for students at the Academy. Once again, our students have secured some fantastic results. Our work in ensuring that each student fulfils his or her academic potential is rewarded with excellent academic achievement. Commitment, experience and zeal to ensure the success of each student underpin our day to day practice.
Results in August 2016 showed that:
- The progress achieved by students as measured by the Progress 8 figure is above average at 0.31.
- The attainment secured by students as measured by the Attainment 8 figure is above national average at 49.88 (national average is 49.50).
- 60% of students secured a grade C or better in both English and maths; the national average is 58.7%.
- 37% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate combination of subjects; the national average is 23.1%.
- The 2016 published figure for pupil destinations corresponds to students who finished Year 11 in 2014 and is 92% (national average is 93%).
The average A-Level grade achieved by students has significantly increased; many students achieved grades A*, A and B which allowed them to continue their studies in their first choice University, including Russell Group Universities:
- Aerospace Engineering at the University of Nottingham
- Psychology at the University of Birmingham
- Computer Science at the University of Birmingham
- Nursing at the University of Birmingham
- Medicine with foundation year at the University of East Anglia
- English Literature at the University of Warwick
- Automotive Engineering at the University of Warwick
Our students have been successful in securing a university place for September 2016 in a wide range of courses including Medicine, Nursing and Engineering. Specifically:
- The progress students make in Academic courses is 0.12 and in vocational 0.36.
- The average grade students secured at the end of Year 13 in academic qualifications was C (national average is C+) and in vocational qualifications was Distinction+ (national average is Distinction).
- Students secured a progress of 0.71 in English and 0.63 in Maths.
- 96.2% of students completed their main programme of study at A-Level (national average of 96.1%), whilst 98.6% of students completed their main programme of study in an Applied General qualification (national average 87.9%).
- 79% of students who finished their 16 to 18 study in 2014 were in education or employment in January 2015 (national average is 88%).
All the above results are based on externally validated information. Where a national average is available, this is shown in brackets.
We are proud of what our students have achieved and we wish them the very best for their future. Further information on the Academy’s performance can be accessed at the School Performance Tables on the Department for Education’s website or by following these links: