Here at KESH Academy, we believe that every child has the ability to achieve.
- Special Educational Needs students are entitled to respect and understanding from their peers and their teacher.
- Special Educational Needs students have the opportunity to experience a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Special Educational Needs students have their individual needs addressed as far as is practicable within the Academy.
- The stated aims of the Academy apply equally to all students regardless of their educational needs.
- It is the belief of the Learning Support Department that all students possess skills and abilities which can be developed to a maximum while they are in attendance.
- Expectations of students with Special Educational Needs are high; staff encourage students to do work to the best of their ability.
- Support staff work closely with the classroom teacher to support SEN students. Where appropriate additional support is given to improve the reading, writing and mathematical skills of students.
- The views of parents are always welcome. Parents are encouraged to attend review meetings and to contribute to student profiles identifying strategies in place to support students' learning.