KESH Academy Sixth Form is pleased to report some outstanding achievements by its students in their GCE and other level 3 qualifications this summer. This year, following the cancellation of exams, grades were awarded through a process of teacher assessed grades (TAGs), against a national standard and were approved and awarded by the exam boards.
The government is not publishing performance data for any schools or colleges this year due to the varying impact of the pandemic. We are immensely proud of our students, who secured grades A*-B in 72% of the A-Levels studied, especially after such a difficult and disrupted year. 75% of our students have already secured a place in their first-choice university, and we expect this figure to exceed 90% by the end of the week. Over a third of our students secured a place in a Russell Group university. Students have been successful with their applications to study some very aspirational courses, including medicine, engineering, law and health related studies. Our teachers have worked hard to ensure students are able to progress onto further education and study and we look forward to seeing what they will achieve in the future.
- Medicine at the University of Birmingham (two students in total)
- Chemistry at the University of Birmingham
- Business and Management at the University of Birmingham
- Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Birmingham
- Pharmacy at the University of Birmingham
- English and History at the University of Warwick
There are still places available in our Sixth Form for September 2021 – for more information click here.